Monday, July 15, 2013

Praise God; He is so wonderful and merciful and true!

So, for the last week, I've been going through the ringer! Pastor Jim has been teaching about how we shouldn't focus on the outside of ourselves too much because what matters is how we are on the inside; how God sees us and how other see us as Christians. He's also been teaching us that we shouldn't have false idols in our lives; things that become more important to us than God! Or focusing too much of our time on worldly things. Well, I've been having these issues for the past few week! I've been focusing a lot of my time on my my outward appearance, namely, my hair! I was going back and forth between keeping it dark and lightening it, closer to my natural color. I finally decided to go lighter yesterday, but then since last night, I've been going back and forth on whether I like the way it looks or not. It's ridiculous how much time I've spend thinking and worrying about this. Everyone likes it, including Thao, so why am I even wasting my time with this? It just makes me disappointed in myself and ashamed of myself because I used to do things like this all the time in the past and I want to change my ways! So, this is a struggle, but both God and Thao are keeping me grounded! As long as I focus on Him and as long as my husband is here for me, when I need to talk (which he has been, even though he is tired of talking about my hair), I can make it through this! Writing about it is also helping the frustration I was feeling, melt away! I am so happy that I have learned new skills to help me cope with these struggles. The main skill is focusing on God and His word! I would be deeply depressed without Him! Thank you Jesus, for helping me through this and for never leaving my side! I love you more than life itself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment