Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Amen; Praise God!

Scripture that stands out from today's bible reading:

Luke 11:1-2, 4 NKJV

Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.” So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.”

Luke 11:9-13 NKJV

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?  Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

You are faithful, You are faithful, You are faithful!
I know who goes before me, I know who goes behind
The God of Angel armies, is always by my side!
The One who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine
The God of Angel armies, is always by my side!
- Chris Tomlin

Still thinking about a prayer journal. I think I'm more of an electronic journaler, than a handwritten journaler. I like being able to cut and paste scripture and I find typing easier, at least when I have a lot to write about. I also like having a copy stored online. I think I'd be worried about losing a handwritten one. But then it seems like a handwritten one would be very personal. I'll have to think about this more.

No comments:

Post a Comment